A Landlord’s Guide To Residential Letting And Management
Jenkinson’s Property Management Team delivers a highly professional and efficient residential letting and management service to Landlords and Tenants in LIVERPOOL and the wider Merseyside area. Our core values are driven by providing quality at a reasonable cost.
Landlords should be mindful that we don’t charge any agency / admin fees to any of our tenants, resulting in quick lets and tenants not dropping out after finding expensive agency / admin fees. Often the expensive fees result in landlords’ property being on the market for a long period of time. Please be assured that all appropriate checks will still be completed. It just comes out of the business funds not the tenants / landlords.
For all services we do put the Deposit into a protection scheme. Not just the fully managed.
Whilst embracing the principles of quality customer care, our aim is to provide unrivalled expertise in our market place, backed by a team of fully dedicated professionals and extensive property marketing.
Having invested in high quality training, marketing and property management software; we are very well placed to provide the most efficient service possible.
In order to maximise property exposure, our website is updated on a daily basis and our properties are listed on market leading property websites such as Rightmove, Findaproperty, Property Index, Zoopla and many more.
Marketing Your Property
Once you have decided to appoint us as your agent, one of our representatives will visit the property in order to take some internal and external photographs. We will use the photographs and the information we have collected to create an attractive advert which we will display whilst marketing your property.
We can help you with Gas safety checks, Electrical safety checks, Blinds, Handyman, Decorating services and cleaning services. We even have a Licensed Environment Certificate so we can help you dispose of all of your waste and unwanted goods abandoned by previous tenants.
Unlike some agents we clearly display our charges, there are no hidden extras, and the Price you see is the Price you pay. Jenkinson’s provide you with complete piece of mind for your property portfolio.
- With the let only services, the landlords would become solely responsible for any issues that arise following the commencement date of the tenancy
- Providing a rental valuation of the property
- Local and national marketing, including a professional “To Let Board” where appropriate
- Carrying out an accompanied viewing with prospective tenants
- Free advice on the presentation and preparation of your property
- Considering applications from prospective tenants and (if required) guarantors in order to assess suitability.
- Preparing and signing as agent on your behalf suitable tenancy agreement in accordance with current law.
- Ensuring that service suppliers details are given to the tenant (i.e. Gas Electricity Water rates and telephone Services where applicable.)
- Once the tenant has completed and passed all of the checks, we will then hand over the paperwork to you
- In order to maximise property exposure, our website is updated daily and our properties are listed on market leading websites such as Rightmove, Findaproperty, Property Index, Zoopla and many more.
In addition to the let only service we will provide:
- An inventory will be provided detailing the general condition and contents and will be checked at the termination prior to any deposits being repaid to the tenant.
- Collecting ongoing rental payments and forwarding them by bank transfer to you chosen account and forwarding monthly statements (deposits retained by the (Deposit Protection Service).
- Inspecting the property at agreed intervals to ensure that the tenant/s are fulfilling their obligations under the terms of their tenancy agreement as well as providing a written report of the property.
- Action against the tenant in the event of the rental arrears or any other breach of the condition within the tenancy agreement.
- Organising repair or maintenance, instructing a tradesman to attend the property, obtaining estimates where necessary, supervising works and settling accounts. This will be subject to the agreed cost limit, however in an emergency the right is reserved to proceed without prior authorisation.
- Arrangement of service contracts if requested by the landlord.
- Carrying out a full property inspection and inventory check at the end of each tenancy and dealing with matters relating to unfair wear and tear before releasing the tenant’s deposit.
- Re-letting the property unless otherwise instructed by landlord.
We have an increasing tenancy waiting list which is growing stronger day by day.